The CADS Team of volunteers strive to mitigate the loss or injury to animals &
their owners during life threatening situations by assisting in the rescue of animals.
Do you have time to make a difference? You could become a hero to animals.
Meetings: Come and join our team on the second Tuesday of each month, 5pm, Round Table Pizza, Angels Camp
Visit the Contact Us page, get in touch with us and we’ll help you get started.
CADS volunteers accomplish their mission by…
- Encouraging human evacuation by assisting emergency response agencies with animal emergency rescue and reunification of owners and their animals during disasters.
- Collaborating with city and county emergency management to develop animal evacuation and emergency animal sheltering plans.
- Developing ongoing community awareness of the importance of preplanning with animals for disasters.
- Providing educational workshops & training sessions for emergency responders, governmental/non-governmental agencies, volunteer organizations, and the general public.
- Recruiting & training volunteers to assist with all aspects of the mission
The CADS Team of volunteers are CERT trained.
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.
Calaveras County Animal Service Manager is our Team Advisor